Travel Before you run out of time
Nature of Trip: Leisure
Duration: One Day Outing
Distance from Chennai: 70kms
Mamallapuram, or Mahabalipuram, is a town on a strip of land between the Bay of Bengal and the Great Salt Lake, in the south Indian state of Tamil Nadu. Itâ€™s known for its temples and monuments built by the Pallava dynasty in the 7th and 8th centuries. The seafront Shore Temple comprises 3 ornate granite shrines. Krishnaâ€™s Butter Ball is a massive boulder balanced on a small hill near the Ganesha Ratha stone temple.
- Start early from Chennai and
- We shall stop for breakfast on the way and get fueled up for an exciting day ahead
- Start your day by visitingÂ Valluvarkottam, which is a very renowned monument for Tamil poet, philosopher and saint
- Next, we shall go toÂ Kapaleeswarar Temple which is dedicated to Shiva, around the 7th century CE in Dravidian architecture
- We take a stop for lunch and then go to visitÂ Mahabalipuram, Pallavaâ€™s Panch Rathas – a UNESCO World Heritage site carved out from a monolith (single stone)
- Lastly, visit crocodile park –Â housingÂ more than 2,400 crocodiles of 14 different species. Spend around 1-1.5 hours learning about the different stages of their breeding and also visit the snake breeding and poison extraction centre within the bank.
- Return journey back to Chennai
â€” To and fro AC transport in an Innova or TT traveller
â€” Breakfast and Lunch
â€” Entry tickets
â€” All other tolls and taxes
– Any expense of personal nature
–Â Anything not mentioned in the plan
For any further queries write to firstname.lastname@example.org or call up at +91 8105729901
Write to us at email@example.com or
Contact us at: +91 8105729901
Let’s get going!